Skip to Content
12:00AM - 12:00AM
This session is no longer available. Go to Trainings to search for the next available training date.
Infant Childhood Professionals and Toddler Teachers
Early Learning Coalition of Palm Beach County
Coursework is completed online through Early Learning Florida.
Fall Term: September 8, 2020 - November 8, 2020 Registration Deadline - August 9, 2020
Credits: 2.0 IACET CEUs and $125 earned for Mastery in the course.
*Please note that infant/toddler teachers ARE able to take this course is it lays the foundational components of infant mental health.
You might be exploring options for endorsement as an infant and early childhood professional or perhaps you are currently practicing consultation. Wherever you are in your journey, this course will help build your knowledge on the theoretical foundations that are essential for successful endorsement as an infant and early childhood mental health professional.
• Support and reinforce families’ understanding of quality pre- and post-natal care;
• Demonstrate knowledge of the development and care of infants and young children;
• Support families in developing parenting capabilities including helping parents build their skills to access support
• Discuss the importance of culturally responsive practice in early childhood mental health consultation;
• Discuss the impact adverse experiences, including trauma, separation, grief, and loss have on families and the development of young children;
• Identify community services for families in need of additional mental health support;
• Identify functions of behavior, as well as possible factors that influence behavior;
• Discuss disorders in infancy and early childhood and identify factors that place infants and young children at high risk for disorders in early childhood; and
• Recognize the importance of practicing self-care.
Early Learning Florida